In the United States
- NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Complete listing of projects funded by the NSF. REU are like UROPs, but at universities and laboratories throughout the country.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Department of Energy's SULI Program
- Offering paid internships at various different DOE labs including Fermilab, SLAC, Brookhaven, & Princeton Plasma Physics Lab
- Caltech SURF
- Caltech's equivalent of UROP for the summer
- Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics REU
- U. of Colorado/JILA REU
- University of Washington REU (Inst. for Nuclear Theory)
- Caltech LIGO REU
- NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Summer Student Program at Space Telescope Science Institute
- MIT's resource for studying/working abroad
- Summer interships at research institutions accross Germany. Available to American and Canadian students.
- Germany's largest particle accelerator. Located outside Hamburg. Summer research program for undergraduates from around the world.
- CERN Summer Students Program
- Half of each day is spent in physics lectures, the other half is spent building parts for CERN.
Other sites to check
- SPS Internships
- Internships for various organizations in Washington D.C.
- U. Iowa — Astronomy & Physics Summer Internship Webpages
- Purdue University